Sometimes notifications of iMessage could be annoying. When two different devices use the same Apple id this could be a problem. When you send a message to one device it is synced to another device too. Thus, your private data is shared with someone else. Check the different ways on how to sign out of iMessage on Mac. Once you know them, you can easily disable iMessage on Mac.
How to Sign Out of iMessage on Mac
iMessage is one of the best services on iOS devices. You can send messages from one iOS device to another free of cost. It is not necessary that you sign out of iMessage to stop the service. You can even disable the service too. If you are selling your Mac device, it is necessary you sign out of iMessage. The new user will receive all the messages. iMessage sends messages free of cost. So prefer sending iMessage instead of SMS messages. Thus your confidential information may be revealed by the iMessages.
See More: How to Delete WhatsApp Backup
How do I Turn Off iMessage on My Mac
In case you just want to stop the iMessage Service, use these steps:
- First, press the command and space key on the keyboard. This would open spotlight on Mac.
- Type messages in the search field of the spotlight.
- Press the Enter key on Mac’s keyboard.
- Open the “Messages” menu from the menu bar.
- Press the down key on the keyboard to select “Preferences”.
- On the preference windows, you will find the “Accounts” tab. The tab looks like a blue circle with “@” written in the center.
- Tap on an account and uncheck the box for “Enable this account”.
- Tap on ok to apply the changes to the iMessage on Macbook.
Sign Out of iMessage on Mac
Want to know how to turn off iMessage on MacBook Air? Follow these steps:
- First, open Messages on Mac. The app looks like a blue thought bubble with a white ellipse. Look for the app on the desktop.
- Tap on the “Messages” menu that appears in the top section of the window.
- Select the “Preferences” option.
- On the preferences window, click on “Accounts” tab.
- Your iMessage account will appear blue in color. The account will appear along with other accounts on the left side.
- Tap on iMessage account. On the right pane tap on “Sign Out” button. After clicking on this button, the app would no longer send or receive messages.
Also, check: GBWhatsApp Plus
Sign Out of iMessage
You might have learned by now How to Sign Out of iMessage on Mac. If you are an iPhone or iPad user you can sign out of iMessage service too.
- Open your Apple device’s settings. The iOS devices have a grey colored app for settings. Go to the screen to find the app or use spotlight search. Sometimes the app is even located in the “Utilities” folder.
- Tap on “Messages” to open the messages settings page.
- Look for the “Send & Receive” option.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- A small iMessage account pop-up will open. Tap on “Sign Out” to disable the app’s iMessage service.