If you want to delete your private chats on WhatsApp then you select the text, video, and media that you want to delete and then click on the delete conversation. Whenever you clear the messages and batch of messages on WhatsApp than it disappears from your screen. But the messages that you have deleted might not be seen on the screen but the chat is present on your smartphone devices. The data can be recovered from remote backups. Here you can check How to delete WhatsApp backup from your Android phone.
How to delete Whatsapp backup?
If you don’t want to store your backups then turn off your backup option by choosing it “Never”.
- On your iPhone device, you need to launch the WhatsApp Application and click on the Settings option.
- Click on the “Chat Backup” option.
- Go to the “Auto Backup” option and choose off icon.
The WhatsApp chats get stored in your Google drive if your backup option is enabled for saving. The previous chats get stored on the Google drive and to delete that chat you need to follow this simple process.
- Log in to the Gmail account.
- Go to the Google drive option.
- There you will find the Backup folder.
- Click on the folder and you will find the backups stored inside it.
- Then press the right click on the file and delete the same.
Check: WhatsApp Plus Apk
How to delete WhatsApp messages on the Android phone?
Method 1: If you want to delete Whatsapp messages from the android phone then you need to follow this step which let you delete the chats and media from Whatsapp.
- Go to the settings option, there you will find chat settings and then go to the backup option.
- Click on the backup and a local copy will get saved on your phone.
- Now uninstall and reinstall the WhatsApp App from play store.
- Soon after reinstalling the WhatsApp, it will ask you to restore the chat back up.
- Choose not to restore the messages.
Method 2: You can delete the chat via File Manager by following these steps
- Go to the file manager option.
- Go to the SD card or phone storage where you have WhatsApp.
- Click on the folder of “WhatsApp”.
- Visit the “backup” of it and you will see the lists of backups that are saved by WhatsApp
- Delete the backup.
If you want to keep the chat backup then go to the settings part. There you will find chat option click on that and enable the storage to Google drive. This way the WhatsApp chats will automatically get stored on the Google Drive and you cannot restore it whenever you reinstall your WhatsApp again via play store. If you don’t want to keep the chat then you can delete it via above method.