WhatsApp is one of the most popular messengers. The app allows you to send text, audio, and video messages. You can even send images from your device. In a fraction of seconds, your messages are sent. There is one more feature called WhatsApp Group. You can create or delete a WhatsApp Group. Here, step by step guide on “How to Delete WhatsApp Group” is given. Learn different ways of deleting a group.
How to Delete WhatsApp Group
WhatsApp Group lets you add up to 256 people in a group. The feature is amazing. You can send messages to people in a group instead of sending one by one. If you are going to send messages one by one then a complete list of chats will be created. Now, if you don’t want to keep chat history. Selecting and deleting is a long process.
Group chats are a boon for many. But sometimes it becomes very annoying as you keep getting notifications for all the messages. The notifications are sometimes very irritating. So, it’s better you delete the group. There might be two cases either you are the Admin or Participant. If you create a group you become the admin of the group. If someone adds you to the group, you become a participant.
Also, check: WhatsApp Plus Apk
Delete WhatsApp Group: Android
If you are the admin of the group follow these steps:
- First, look for WhatsApp on your device.
- Tap on the WhatsApp icon. The app will open.
- Open the Group you wish to delete.
- On the top, you will see the Group name with WhatsApp Group Dp. Tap on the Group name and list of all the participants will appear.
- Press and hold the participant and a pop up will appear. You will see remove option, tap on it.
- Likewise, remove all the participants.
- Now, press the back option. Tap the dotted option that appears next to the group name. Press the Exit Group option.
- Return to the main page where the list of chats appears. Press and hold the group and tap on delete. This way deletes the group permanently.
If you are not the admin of the group follow these steps to know How to Delete WhatsApp Group:
- First, open the WhatsApp.
- Second, search for the WhatsApp Group Name you wish to delete.
- Press and hold your finger on the group.
- Tap on the Exit Group option. This will notify others that you have left the group.
- If follow these steps being an admin, then another person automatically becomes the admin.
- You can still view the group chat. Again, press and hold the group to delete the group from your app.
See More: GBWhatsApp Plus
Whatsapp Group Delete: iPhone
Follow these steps if you are the admin of the group:
- First, open the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.
- Second, tap on the group you want to delete.
- Now, tap on the name of the group. WhatsApp displays the group name at the top.
- List of participants with their name and photo will appear.
- Tap on the Participants name and you will see some options. Tap on “Remove from Group” to remove the person from the group.
- Similarly, remove all the participants.
- Now, move to the list where the group appears. Press and swipe right. Tap on More->Exit Group.
- Again, repeat swipe right step and this time “Delete Group” option will appear. Tap on “Delete Group”. These steps will permanently delete the group.
Steps to follow if you are not the admin:
- First, open WhatsApp app.
- In the chats section, you will see the groups also.
- Press and swipe right. Tap on More option.
- You will see 2 to 3 options. Tap on Exit Group.
- Repeat the above 2 steps and Tap on Delete Group.
- The group will be deleted from your app.